DOSSIER: Rural Heritage
Pokhara Base Camp
Thus there is renovation and rebuild, breathing life back into empty and tired but wonderful buildings - or the ruins of them. And so it follows there is the uplift, the new green shoots, of a small community rediscovering its self-worth. It is simply summarised as ‘tourism in the community – the community in tourism’ and in this synergy it is natural for a community not just to see but to be an active contributor in the rejuvenation.
|Click here for route map | View Photos|
- First 48 - and Beyond
- Culture & Customs (Tailor-Made Sample Itineraries)
- Rural Heritage - Pokhara, Trisuli River, Bandipur and Nuwakot
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Whitewater Rafting
- Jungle Safari (Bardia & Chitwan)
- Also At Home Elsewhere in the Himalaya -
Tibet and Bhutan
- Joining the Volunteers
- To 'Summit Up'